Friday, May 30, 2008

Master Cleanse


Started the "Master Cleanse" yesterday, have geen really excited about it and it seemed like everyone I had talked to really liked it!!! So my sister Tara and I went and bought enough ingredients for 10 days ( how long the cleanse is for) Pretty much what it consist of for those of you who don't know. You drink a elixir of Lemon Juice, Maple Syrup, and Cayenne Pepper for 10 days. and other than a laxative tea and what they call "salt water flush" ( salt and water ) that's all you eat or drink for ten days! Suppose to clean out your colon and whatnot. So after all day of starving and avoiding my concoction of what looked like vomit in my water bottle and every time I tried to drink it I got the sick chills and wanted to throw up. I called my sister for some back up to see how she was doing to get me through .. She said she drank all 64 oz of the drink and actually liked it. ( gag) and was completely fine. so I was going to try to stick it out... when I called her an hour later she was at in and out burger! ha ha ha ha. So my ten day cleanse was cut short, a day pretty much. I gave in. but at least I can say I tried right?? I would for sure rather run a marathon than try to drink that crap again, the smell of it alone gives me a headache haha. For anyone who is interested I have both books and all the ingredients for 9 days. :) :) :) The kicker is that I was confident that I was going to do it for 10 days, kind of like how I am confident that I'm going to win the lottery, or the HGTV dream home haha.

6 comments:

Megan Gubler said...

I am proud of you for trying. That sounds like me whenever I try any kind of diet or anything I last one day.

Babe said...

You are too funny!!! I am still laughing!!

Our Story said...

Crazy Girl!! I can't believe you even tried it, you're brave!

Trisha said...

Hi Jen I found your blog through Jen Keyes and found out that you tried that crazy cleanse. My sister has done it numerous times she actually is pretty good at it but she's not normal. I have never tried it.

Brock and Kensey said...

Sounds like a lot of fun.......
Since you aren't cleansing anymore we should go to lunch or dinner next week!! I miss you! I think our Bajio friends do too. Love you!

Parker or Jessica said...

What... haha i love that you succumbed to the in-and-out burger. Viva Mexico!